Tuesday 27 March 2007

I’d like to start in the Early Morning

One of the problems with my day is that it doesn’t start at the beginning, it starts somewhere else- in between there and late, sometimes even double figures. I always feel disappointed when I’ve missed the beginning; when the light heralds the first opportunities and the worm is caught. It wouldn’t be so bothersome if I thought this goal unreasonable but considering I stir just after, it deserves a try.
The birds wake up right at the end to ensure they witness the beginning, something to do with their crepuscular circadian rhythms*. Usually they all sing, together, around here and that surely merits curiosity for what, they reckon, deserves it.
With an early night (something I don’t fear), a decent sleep and this reason to get up in the morning I should make a more matinal veer from those vespertine habits and hopefully be present and assuming my spot for the start.

5 comments:

videodrone said...

Veer, crepuscular, circadian, vespertine, heralds, matinal, worm...I don't know Adam. Fancy fancy man with fancy fancy words. Everyone is so intelligent, except for me. I can tell you anything you like about plastic mouldings?

Hair said...

QUESTION FOR THE AUTHOR: You know how you said you were going to write the Soviet Dancer One differently (in your own voice, whatever, yknow what I mean)? Is it different to this one?

This is an unbiased question; I just want to hear your views.

Bic Biros & Moldova said...

That's a good question. The answer is 'just/slightly'.

(Thank-you to Patrick who did most of the reasoning for this answer.)

Bic Biros & Moldova said...

*(or whatever)
so I heard anyway.

Jack Gander said...

This is all alien to me, I fear. I see plenty of the morning, though. And don't you forget it.