Thursday 29 March 2007

ELC


I'm afraid it's another 'bit' about me. I might add a little poem at the end so it still counts. Today I had an interview over the phone with the ELC, and they have kindly requested that I work for them in Hong Kong. This means I will actually get to design my own toys and have them made. This naturally overtakes Mattel, who I have now had to refuse. Sorry about that.
But the Early Learning Centre is much better, so cheer up!

Here is the poem:

Please come and visit me,
If you can.

3 comments:

Jack Gander said...

I've done a lot of things in my life (that's not true), but I've never turned down Mattel (that's true). I look forward to the Gander, and perhaps to A Toy of Your Choosing with detachable eyes. Is Hong Kong that big monkey? I always have empathised with him. Poor him. It's like the privatisation of the public sector. I think that it's terrible. What they did to him. I can't even bring myself to... oh, God. Oh, fucking Christ. Jesus!

Hair said...

Jack's really said everything in congratulath of the content, the fact that you got the gig.
I would only add .. I also like the poem, it is understandable and poignant.

Jack Gander said...

Yes. The poem has a rather apt economical, Chinese feel to it. I want you to write more of them, and send them on stamp-sized pieces of paper, possibly stamps. Adam is our resident Orientalist. We have much to learn.