Sunday 1 April 2007

How to make: Rosewater.

How to make: Rosewater.
(an excerpt from My First Book)

You will need:

A Damask Rose
A Conical Flask
½ tbsp of Time
A Mean Streak

  1. Eye the rose (in it’s secured position- make sure it’s in one), make it feel uncomfortable.
  2. Tell the rose how worthless it truly is, how little anyone cares for its scent, its overexaggerated beauty. Tell it people prefer the aquilegia and the lily.
  3. Smile. Suggest to it you may be its friend again, you have reconsidered the cruel words you just dealt it.
  4. walk towards it [friendlily]. Pause. Lacerate it’s stem! Quickly, sharply!
  5. Slowly and exactly tear each thorn from its damaged skin. Apologise. Continue.
  6. When the rose’s exhaustion starts to make itself known place the conical flask beneath its petals and collect its tears.
  7. Cork.


2 comments:

Jack Gander said...

The cruelty delights me. I have more than one sword in my scabbard... there is the Night Jack under the skin... will you join my radio team?

videodrone said...

When the rose cries in your recipe, I cry with it.
A nice piece Adam, if you know what I mean *Wink Wink* *Suckle*